Here at Serenity Dental Clinics we believe in conserving as much of a healthy tooth structure as possible. Therefore we like to focus on prevention re mineralization (fluoride treatments) and minimal dental intervention.
There are many minimally invasive dentistry techniques we use:
- Fluoride treatments after regular cleanings;
- Adequate focused abrasion to minimally prep teeth to remove decay – for fillings and preventative resin restorations;
- Sealant: made of plastic resin to protect teeth from tooth decay. This acts like a coating that fits into the grooves of the teeth to protect the teeth against acid and plaque build up;
- Inlays and onlays: Instead of cutting the tooth down further to put a crown/cap inlays and onlays do not require much of tooth structure to be removed. It is very similar to a filling but has been custom made to fit the cavity of the tooth.
- Bite Guards: People that grind their teeth risk damaging their teeth a site guard is made to be worn at night to avoid any further damage.
To experience the best possible treatment for your teeth call us today for an appointment at one of our locations. Call us at any one of our Centres to schedule a time at Blairgowrie (servicing Jhb. North) 011 326 0938 or Bedfordview (servicing Jhb. East and Jhb. South) 011 615 9352 (located close to the airport) Johannesburg South Africa.